Pimples may spoil your days and leave behind aesthetically unpleasant scars. It is natural that you will want to get rid of them as early as possible especially if you are going to attend a date or a party where you might meet a lot of people.Some of the tips that are listed out here may help in removing pimples for you overnight. These simple remedies can be followed at your home.
This is a very popular remedy to get rid of pimples overnight. Apply toothpaste before going to bed. Do not use gel for this. At night, wake up for a few times and check whether toothpaste covering is still there. If it is not, re-apply toothpaste on the acne. You will find a significant improvement in the morning.
Take a container and fill it with water. Boil the water for a few minutes and later keep the container below your face. Let the steam moisturize your face for 2–3 minutes and then rinse your face with water. This helps in removing dirt, dust and oil from the pores of the skin without aggravating pimples. Application of an oil free moisturizing lotion helps to restore the lost moisture. This remedy aids in getting rid of pimples.
Another simple remedy to get rid of pimples is application of lemon juice on the acne before sleeping. You can now go to sleep peacefully as you are sure to see pimples getting dried up by next morning.
Honey and cinnamon:
Mix honey and cinnamon to make a paste and apply it over pimples before going to bed. Next morning wash your face with cold water. You may experience an itching sensation in the first few minutes as honey is sticky. You will find that the pimples are dried and dead by next morning.
Although this remedy is not effective for all, it has helped many teenagers in getting rid of pimples. Apply lavender oil on pimples to dry them to a great extent. Apply lavender oil repeatedly to get rid of acne overnight.
Extract juice from raw papaya and apply it on acne affected areas. Regular application of juice helps in eliminating pimples.
Grate a potato and extract its juice. Apply it on pimples in circular motion and let it stay for 5 minutes. Later, rinse with water. This is yet another simple remedy for pimples.
Make a paste with fenugreek leaves and apply it on the face before going to bed. Let it stay for 10 – 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. This home remedy not only removes but also prevents the formation of wrinkles, blackheads and pimples.
Crush a garlic clove and apply it around the pimples. This cures pimples without leaving any scars.
Egg white is another best natural cure for pimples. Dab egg white on pimples and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Repeat this procedure for a few days to get rid of pimples.
Aloe vera is a natural plant extract which is known to be good for removing pimples. Apply aloe gel on pimples and leave it for 10 – 15 minutes. Rinse with water. This is the best home remedy for pimples.
These are a few home remedies to get rid of pimples overnight. These do not have any adverse effect on your skin but some may not be effective on your skin. Follow a remedy for a few weeks and if you do not find any improvement, consult a dermatologist for further assistance.
Whiteheads are small white bumps caused by clogged skin pores. Thus, they are similar to blackheads. However, unlike blackheads they appear white or yellow in color.
The reason is that the sebum, dirt, dead skin cells, etc. trapped in the skin pores do not get exposed to the oxygen in the air as the follicles have narrow opening to the skin surface.
In case of blackheads, though, the follicles have a wider opening, thereby allowing air to enter follicles. Hence, the plugged material turns dark in color due to oxidization of melanin.
A whitehead, also known as a closed comedone or milium (plural milia), is a form of acne. It is usually painless but can be infected with P.acnes bacteria. More often than not, whiteheads appear on the face, particularly on cheeks temples, and forehead.
Some people are more prone to blackheads and whiteheads than others because their sebaceous glands produce sebum with oleic acid rather than linoleic acid which is calming to the skin and does not lead to the development of hard plugs.
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads
Here are 10 suggestions to help clear whiteheads.
- Facial steaming can be done about once a week to open up your pores and loosen up the buildup of oil, dirt, and dead skin cells. For this, you need to boil a pan of water and pour it in a large bowl. Put a few drops of an essential oil like that of lemon, chamomile, rosemary, etc. in it and place your face over the bowl to expose it to the steam for 5-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can dip a towel in warm water, wring it, and then place it on your face for a few minutes and repeat the procedure two to three times. After this steam treatment, you may soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the affected areas.
- Add four tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of warm mineral water. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for about 10 minutes. Finally, remove the mask and follow up with a moisturizer. Preferably, follow this remedy after facial steaming.
- Mix one tablespoon each of lemon juice and salt (preferably dead salt) in two tablespoons of whole milk. Rub this recipe on your face. Rinse it off after 15 minutes to reduce whiteheads. Regular application of this milk and lemon juice face pack can also nourish and soften your skin.
- Soak some tea tree oil on a cotton ball and dab on the affected area to fight bacteria and cure blackheads, whiteheads, and acne breakouts. It helps reduce acne scars, too.
- Take cornstarch (absorbs oil) and apple cider vinegar (works as an astringent) in a ratio of 3:1. Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and apply the resultant paste on the affected area for about 15-30 minutes. Finally, wipe it off with a clean washcloth and wash your face with lukewarm water, followed by a cold water rinse to close the pores.
- Grind a handful of blanched almonds. Take two tablespoons of this paste and a tablespoon of pure honey (preferably manuka honey) and a little lemon juice. Exfoliate your skin with this almond and honey facial scrub and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of honey in two tablespoons of oatmeal. Heat the mixture slightly in a microwave. Apply it on your face and after 20 minutes, remove it with lukewarm water to clear blocked pores. Instead of honey, you can combine oatmeal with plain yogurt, too. After exfoliation, wrap an ice cube in a piece of cotton cloth and run it over your face. It helps close the pores.
- Regularly apply a cleanser, followed by deep cleansing pore strips to reduce whiteheads by pulling away the buildup dirt and sebum. It can help treat mild acne as well. Plus, you may use facial cleansers containing alpha hydroxyl acids and salicylic acid.
- Application of an over-the-counter treatment containing at least 5% benzoyl peroxide inhibits acne growth by killing the bacteria and exfoliates dead skin. Thus, it is often recommended for healing whiteheads. After applying this remedy, though, make sure moisturize your face lightly as benzoyl peroxide tends to dry out your skin. Follow this treatment two times in a day for about four to six weeks. Antibiotics are used at times, but most antibiotics are not effective in preventing as well as curing whiteheads.
- There is also the option to consult a dermatologist or skin care specialist and get your whiteheads extracted by an expert. An instrument called whitehead extractor is used for this purpose.
Tips to Prevent Whiteheads
When dealing with whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, etc. it is advised to avoid using greasy makeup and skin care products. So, you should opt for water-based, non-comedogenic products.
You get ear infection when Boy presses his ear tightly due to tingling effect caused by ear infection there is an inflammation in your middle ear. The middle ear is located behind your eardrum. Your ears get infected virus or bacteria enter parts of your ear and cause an infection.
Ear infection symptoms often occur more in children compared to adults. A cold or flu can lead to an ear infection in children, with fever in some cases.
Putting foreign objects into the ear, swimming without plugs and common cold are some of the causes for ear infection.
You should treat ear infection with natural home remedies at the earliest signs as the chances of recovery increase and there is lesser suffering from its discomforts.
Natural Home Remedies for Ear Infection
Simple and effective remedies can help you relieve discomforts associated with ear infection in a safe, effective and economical way and these can also help you treat ear infection naturally.
- Onion juice can be used for natural treatment for ear infection. Instill two drops of lukewarm onion juice in the affected ear to get relief from ear infection.
- Put some warm rice in a sock and place it over the child’s ear. Remove after about ten minutes. This is an effective natural ear infection home remedy to achieve relief from pain associated with infected ears.
- Apply a warm compress to the affected ear for around ten minutes and get substantial relief from ear pain. This is can give you a short term relief from ear infection discomforts.
- If there is drainage from the ear, try elevating the mattress by placing something under it. This will help with the draining process and aid in ear infection natural treatment.
- If blockage occurs in the inner ear tube (eustachian), make the affected person sip or swallow water as it can facilitate opening of the tube.
- Extract one teaspoon mango leaf liquid and warm it up. Put this warm extract into the infected ear one drop at a time to see improvement in the condition.
- Beneficial home remedies for ear infection includes instilling three drops of olive oil into both ears.
- Putting drops of hydrogen peroxide in affected ear can give satisfactory relief within a short time.
- Vitamin C supplement can help boost the immune system and help defend your body against infections. Also, try to increase zinc intake as it has been found to reduce ear infection.
Knee pain could be caused because of about 50 different reasons like strains, inflammation of the joints and deformities.There are many yoga asanas that can cure knee pain when followed regularly.Here are 7 yoga poses listed out for you which are quite easy to follow and can get rid of knee pain.
Yoga postures for knee pain
Veerasana (warrior pose)
Steps for veerasana
- Stand straight and bring your left leg forward and your right leg back ward such that they are as far away from each other as possible.
- Bend you left knee such that the calf muscles and the thigh muscles make an angle of 90 degrees with each other.
- Now place your palms on the left knee by joining them together and exhale.
- While inhaling, raise your joined hands above your head and bend as far back as you can such that your neck falls back.
- Stay in this position for a while, breathing normally.
- Repeat the same procedure with the right leg forward.
Makarasana (crocodile pose)
Steps for Makarasana
- Lie flat on the floor on your belly.
- Hold your left shoulder with the right hand and right shoulder with the left hand by bringing them under your body.
- Move your legs away from each other and back together slowly while breathing.
- Repeat this while breathing normally.
Shavasana (The corpse pose)
Steps for Shavasana
- Lie on the floor on your back. Keep your arms by your side with the palms facing the roof.
- Keep your body straight and lay still while breathing slowly.
- Stay in this position for about 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes, you can come back to your normal sitting position.
Trikonasana (The triangle pose)
Steps for Trikonasana
- Stand straight and spread your legs.
- Slowly bend towards one side and touch the ground next to the heel on the same side while raising the other hand into the air.
- Stay in this position for few seconds.
- Come back to the normal position and repeat this on the other side
Gomukhasana (cow-face pose)
Steps for Gomukhasana
- Sit on the floor with your legs crossed.
- Now, slowly slide your right foot under the left knee to the outside of the left hip. Cross your left leg over the right one so that the left knee should be on the top of the right leg. This should result in your left foot to be outside the right hip.
- Now, slowly inhale, raise your left arm and bring it over your shoulder. Wrap the right arm behind your back and try to holdthe right hand with your left hand from the back.
- Remain in this position for about 8-10 breaths.
- Release your hands and slowly come back to the original position.
- Now, repeat the same exercise interchanging your hands.
Leg raises (Uttanapadasana)
Steps for Uttanapadasana
- Lie down with your back on the floor. Keep your arms by your side and be straight.
- Now raise your right leg such that it makes an angle of 30 degrees with the ground while inhaling, and then lower it slowly while you exhale.
- Repeat the same thing, this time bringing your leg up such that it makes an angle of 90 degrees with the ground.
- Repeat the exercise with your left leg.
Artha Matsyendrasana (Half lord of the fishes pose)
Steps for Artha Matsyendrasana
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs spread out.
- Fold your left leg such that the sole touches the ground and the knee faces the sky.
- Cross the right leg on the floor and come to a position where the left sole is placed on the right side of the right knee.
- Twist your body towards the right by placing your left hand on your left ankle and the right hand stretched as far back as it can be stretched.
- Repeat this exercise in the opposite direction.
Diapers? Check,Breast pump? Check,Dirty diaper bin? Uh-oh.Be sure to have everything ready for when your newborn arrives with this handy checklist.
- Diaper changing pads
- Diaper rash ointment
- 4 waterproof pads for
- changing table
- Rattles and small toys
- Dirty diaper receptacle
- Wipes or cotton cloths
- Small thermos to hold warm water (for cleaning babies younger than 6 weeks)
- Plastic wipes holder (for the diaper bag)
- 2 packages newborn diapers
- 1 pack T-shirts
- 6 one-piece outfits that snap at the crotch (long- and shortsleeved)
- 4 pajama sets
- 6 pairs socks
- 2 pairs soft booties
- 2 pairs stretch cotton pants
- 3 bibs
- Cotton sweater
- Knit cap
- Sun hat
- Zip-up sweatshirt
- 15 baby hangers
- Nursing pillow
- 6 burp cloths
- 6 bottles equipped with newborn nipples
- Bottle brush
- Insulated bottle holder for diaper bag
- Nursing bras
- Nursing pads for bras
- Breast pump
- 3 hooded towels
- 2 packs of washcloths
- Cotton swabs
- Baby shampoo
- Baby body wash
- Infant bathing tub
- Baby nail clipper
- Soft brush and comb
- Rubbing alcohol
- Petroleum jelly
- Digital thermometer
- Bulb nasal aspirator
- Mild soap for laundry
- 4 receiving blankets
- 2 cotton blankets
- Cradle or bassinet with cotton sheets
- 2 crib mattress pads
- 2 waterproof liners (one for the bassinet and one for the crib)
- Crib and mattress
- Glider/rocking chair and footrest
- Baby monitor with 2 receivers
- Changing table
- Cool mist humidifier or vaporizer
- Lullaby CDs or audiotapes
- Rear-facing infant car seat with head support padding
- Sun shields for car windows
- Portable playpen
- Diaper bag
- Sling or soft front carrier
- Bouncy seat
- Baby books
- Digital camera or camcorder
- Baby music CDs or audiotapes
- Playmat with toys attached
- Squishy baby ball
Read More About Pregnancy
Sooner or later, it’s going to happen…you’re going to get wrinkles. As your skin starts to show the wear and tear of many years of use – from sunbathing in college to piling on the makeup – fine lines start to creep up on your skin. However, if you act fast, you can fight back with home remedies for fine lines, which help to diminish the signs of aging on your face.
Home Remedies for Fine Lines
Causes of Fine Lines
Fine lines start to appear on your face primarily due to the aging process – your skin is no longer as fresh and full of elasticity as it was in your youth. As you get older, you will have to embrace lifestyle changes that keep your skin hydrated and full of moisture. Other causes of fine lines include the chemicals in your cosmetics, environmental pollution, UV rays from the sun, dead skin cells, and poor facial cleaning habits.
Fine Line Home Remedies
If you treat fine lines in their early stages, you can slow down the process of deeper wrinkles forming. There are a lot of interesting concoctions that people, dermatologists, and skin care professionals have created. To explore your option, consider some of the following home remedies for fine lines:
Treat fine lines with the juice of Thompson seedless green grapes. Add 20 of the grapes to a mixer and blend on high for one minute. Pour some of the juice onto a cotton ball that you will apply to your fine lines. Leave on for 20 minutes and then follow up with a rinse of warm water. It is the malic acid in the grapes that helps diminish fine lines.
Carrots and Honey:
A homemade mask to protect your skin from wrinkles and fine lines combines two teaspoons of carrot juice and ½ teaspoon of honey. Mix the ingredients well, and then apply to your face. Leave on for 20 minutes, and then wash off with water.
Mashed banana applied to fine lines can help smooth the wrinkles on your face. Leave the remedy on for 15 minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Drinking freshly brewed tea (the green and white variety) delivers the power of antioxidants that help lessen the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. Green tea is especially helpful at reducing the signs of aging.
Milk and Soybeans :
To treat fine lines, start off by soaking ½ cup of soybeans overnight in one cup of water. In the morning, add the beans to your blender and turn into a paste. Add one tablespoon of whole milk, and blend for an additional minute. Apply the remedy to under your eyes, and leave on for 15 minutes to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Hydrogen Peroxide, Mayonnaise and Lemon Juice:
To diminish fine lines, add one teaspoon of mayonnaise, 10 drops of hydrogen peroxide, and 10 drops of lemon juice to a small bowl. Mix the ingredients, and then apply to under the eyes for 20 minutes. This remedy will encourage an increased flow of blood to the eye region, which helps improve their overall appearance.
Get Enough Sleep:
It is important to get enough sleep every night because a sleepy individual is more prone to developing wrinkles. If you’re not getting at least eight hours of sleep on a nightly basis, the skin doesn’t have enough time to rejuvenate.
Flax Seed Oil:
Adding flax seed oil to your diet can help minimize wrinkles. It is recommended to take one teaspoon of the oil four times per day. If this is your first time trying out flax oil, start out with a smaller dose and then gradually work yourself up to a higher amount. Too much too soon can cause diarrhea.
Eating green leafy vegetables every day, provides the body with vitamins A and E, as well as other nutrients that contribute to healthy skin. Aim for selections, such as spinach and broccoli.
Lots of Water:
When you drink at least eight glasses of water per day, you can enhance the health of your skin and help fight signs of fine lines.
To minimize the appearance of fine lines, add four tablespoons of blueberries and ½ cup of lemon juice to a blender, and combine well. Apply the mixture to fine lines using a cotton ball. Let the remedy sit on the skin for 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. The blueberries offer the skin polyphenols, which are beneficial antioxidants that encourage healthy skin.
Wearing sunscreen with a high SPF will protect your skin from further sun damage that can worsen the look of fine lines.
There are acids and other ingredients in the juices of apples, cucumbers and lemons that can treat fine lines on the face.
Apply pureed coconut to fine lines to see wrinkles fade. You can also use pure coconut oil as a treatment for your face.
There are all sorts of enzymes and other components associated with the pineapple that is good for the skin. You can rub the cored of the pineapple on your wrinkles – allowing the juice to saturate into your skin for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off to reveal glowing skin and over time, should show reduced visibility of fine lines.
Turmeric and Sugarcane:
A paste made out of two to three teaspoons of turmeric powder and one to two tablespoons of sugarcane juice can be used to treat fine lines and wrinkles. Let the remedy sit for five minutes before massaging it into the skin. Allow it to dry, and then wash it off.