- Onion juice can be used for natural treatment for ear infection. Instill two drops of lukewarm onion juice in the affected ear to get relief from ear infection.
- Put some warm rice in a sock and place it over the child’s ear. Remove after about ten minutes. This is an effective natural ear infection home remedy to achieve relief from pain associated with infected ears.
- Apply a warm compress to the affected ear for around ten minutes and get substantial relief from ear pain. This is can give you a short term relief from ear infection discomforts.
- If there is drainage from the ear, try elevating the mattress by placing something under it. This will help with the draining process and aid in ear infection natural treatment.
- If blockage occurs in the inner ear tube (eustachian), make the affected person sip or swallow water as it can facilitate opening of the tube.
- Extract one teaspoon mango leaf liquid and warm it up. Put this warm extract into the infected ear one drop at a time to see improvement in the condition.
- Beneficial home remedies for ear infection includes instilling three drops of olive oil into both ears.
- Putting drops of hydrogen peroxide in affected ear can give satisfactory relief within a short time.
- Vitamin C supplement can help boost the immune system and help defend your body against infections. Also, try to increase zinc intake as it has been found to reduce ear infection.
You get ear infection when Boy presses his ear tightly due to tingling effect caused by ear infection there is an inflammation in your middle ear. The middle ear is located behind your eardrum. Your ears get infected virus or bacteria enter parts of your ear and cause an infection.
Ear infection symptoms often occur more in children compared to adults. A cold or flu can lead to an ear infection in children, with fever in some cases.
Putting foreign objects into the ear, swimming without plugs and common cold are some of the causes for ear infection.
You should treat ear infection with natural home remedies at the earliest signs as the chances of recovery increase and there is lesser suffering from its discomforts.
Natural Home Remedies for Ear Infection
Simple and effective remedies can help you relieve discomforts associated with ear infection in a safe, effective and economical way and these can also help you treat ear infection naturally.
Knee pain could be caused because of about 50 different reasons like strains, inflammation of the joints and deformities.There are many yoga asanas that can cure knee pain when followed regularly.Here are 7 yoga poses listed out for you which are quite easy to follow and can get rid of knee pain.
Yoga postures for knee pain
Veerasana (warrior pose)
Steps for veerasana
- Stand straight and bring your left leg forward and your right leg back ward such that they are as far away from each other as possible.
- Bend you left knee such that the calf muscles and the thigh muscles make an angle of 90 degrees with each other.
- Now place your palms on the left knee by joining them together and exhale.
- While inhaling, raise your joined hands above your head and bend as far back as you can such that your neck falls back.
- Stay in this position for a while, breathing normally.
- Repeat the same procedure with the right leg forward.
Makarasana (crocodile pose)
Steps for Makarasana
- Lie flat on the floor on your belly.
- Hold your left shoulder with the right hand and right shoulder with the left hand by bringing them under your body.
- Move your legs away from each other and back together slowly while breathing.
- Repeat this while breathing normally.
Shavasana (The corpse pose)
Steps for Shavasana
- Lie on the floor on your back. Keep your arms by your side with the palms facing the roof.
- Keep your body straight and lay still while breathing slowly.
- Stay in this position for about 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes, you can come back to your normal sitting position.
Trikonasana (The triangle pose)
Steps for Trikonasana
- Stand straight and spread your legs.
- Slowly bend towards one side and touch the ground next to the heel on the same side while raising the other hand into the air.
- Stay in this position for few seconds.
- Come back to the normal position and repeat this on the other side
Gomukhasana (cow-face pose)
Steps for Gomukhasana
- Sit on the floor with your legs crossed.
- Now, slowly slide your right foot under the left knee to the outside of the left hip. Cross your left leg over the right one so that the left knee should be on the top of the right leg. This should result in your left foot to be outside the right hip.
- Now, slowly inhale, raise your left arm and bring it over your shoulder. Wrap the right arm behind your back and try to holdthe right hand with your left hand from the back.
- Remain in this position for about 8-10 breaths.
- Release your hands and slowly come back to the original position.
- Now, repeat the same exercise interchanging your hands.
Leg raises (Uttanapadasana)
Steps for Uttanapadasana
- Lie down with your back on the floor. Keep your arms by your side and be straight.
- Now raise your right leg such that it makes an angle of 30 degrees with the ground while inhaling, and then lower it slowly while you exhale.
- Repeat the same thing, this time bringing your leg up such that it makes an angle of 90 degrees with the ground.
- Repeat the exercise with your left leg.
Artha Matsyendrasana (Half lord of the fishes pose)
Steps for Artha Matsyendrasana
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs spread out.
- Fold your left leg such that the sole touches the ground and the knee faces the sky.
- Cross the right leg on the floor and come to a position where the left sole is placed on the right side of the right knee.
- Twist your body towards the right by placing your left hand on your left ankle and the right hand stretched as far back as it can be stretched.
- Repeat this exercise in the opposite direction.
Diapers? Check,Breast pump? Check,Dirty diaper bin? Uh-oh.Be sure to have everything ready for when your newborn arrives with this handy checklist.
- Diaper changing pads
- Diaper rash ointment
- 4 waterproof pads for
- changing table
- Rattles and small toys
- Dirty diaper receptacle
- Wipes or cotton cloths
- Small thermos to hold warm water (for cleaning babies younger than 6 weeks)
- Plastic wipes holder (for the diaper bag)
- 2 packages newborn diapers
- 1 pack T-shirts
- 6 one-piece outfits that snap at the crotch (long- and shortsleeved)
- 4 pajama sets
- 6 pairs socks
- 2 pairs soft booties
- 2 pairs stretch cotton pants
- 3 bibs
- Cotton sweater
- Knit cap
- Sun hat
- Zip-up sweatshirt
- 15 baby hangers
- Nursing pillow
- 6 burp cloths
- 6 bottles equipped with newborn nipples
- Bottle brush
- Insulated bottle holder for diaper bag
- Nursing bras
- Nursing pads for bras
- Breast pump
- 3 hooded towels
- 2 packs of washcloths
- Cotton swabs
- Baby shampoo
- Baby body wash
- Infant bathing tub
- Baby nail clipper
- Soft brush and comb
- Rubbing alcohol
- Petroleum jelly
- Digital thermometer
- Bulb nasal aspirator
- Mild soap for laundry
- 4 receiving blankets
- 2 cotton blankets
- Cradle or bassinet with cotton sheets
- 2 crib mattress pads
- 2 waterproof liners (one for the bassinet and one for the crib)
- Crib and mattress
- Glider/rocking chair and footrest
- Baby monitor with 2 receivers
- Changing table
- Cool mist humidifier or vaporizer
- Lullaby CDs or audiotapes
- Rear-facing infant car seat with head support padding
- Sun shields for car windows
- Portable playpen
- Diaper bag
- Sling or soft front carrier
- Bouncy seat
- Baby books
- Digital camera or camcorder
- Baby music CDs or audiotapes
- Playmat with toys attached
- Squishy baby ball
Read More About Pregnancy
Sooner or later, it’s going to happen…you’re going to get wrinkles. As your skin starts to show the wear and tear of many years of use – from sunbathing in college to piling on the makeup – fine lines start to creep up on your skin. However, if you act fast, you can fight back with home remedies for fine lines, which help to diminish the signs of aging on your face.
Home Remedies for Fine Lines
Causes of Fine Lines
Fine lines start to appear on your face primarily due to the aging process – your skin is no longer as fresh and full of elasticity as it was in your youth. As you get older, you will have to embrace lifestyle changes that keep your skin hydrated and full of moisture. Other causes of fine lines include the chemicals in your cosmetics, environmental pollution, UV rays from the sun, dead skin cells, and poor facial cleaning habits.
Fine Line Home Remedies
If you treat fine lines in their early stages, you can slow down the process of deeper wrinkles forming. There are a lot of interesting concoctions that people, dermatologists, and skin care professionals have created. To explore your option, consider some of the following home remedies for fine lines:
Treat fine lines with the juice of Thompson seedless green grapes. Add 20 of the grapes to a mixer and blend on high for one minute. Pour some of the juice onto a cotton ball that you will apply to your fine lines. Leave on for 20 minutes and then follow up with a rinse of warm water. It is the malic acid in the grapes that helps diminish fine lines.
Carrots and Honey:
A homemade mask to protect your skin from wrinkles and fine lines combines two teaspoons of carrot juice and ½ teaspoon of honey. Mix the ingredients well, and then apply to your face. Leave on for 20 minutes, and then wash off with water.
Mashed banana applied to fine lines can help smooth the wrinkles on your face. Leave the remedy on for 15 minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Drinking freshly brewed tea (the green and white variety) delivers the power of antioxidants that help lessen the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. Green tea is especially helpful at reducing the signs of aging.
Milk and Soybeans :
To treat fine lines, start off by soaking ½ cup of soybeans overnight in one cup of water. In the morning, add the beans to your blender and turn into a paste. Add one tablespoon of whole milk, and blend for an additional minute. Apply the remedy to under your eyes, and leave on for 15 minutes to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Hydrogen Peroxide, Mayonnaise and Lemon Juice:
To diminish fine lines, add one teaspoon of mayonnaise, 10 drops of hydrogen peroxide, and 10 drops of lemon juice to a small bowl. Mix the ingredients, and then apply to under the eyes for 20 minutes. This remedy will encourage an increased flow of blood to the eye region, which helps improve their overall appearance.
Get Enough Sleep:
It is important to get enough sleep every night because a sleepy individual is more prone to developing wrinkles. If you’re not getting at least eight hours of sleep on a nightly basis, the skin doesn’t have enough time to rejuvenate.
Flax Seed Oil:
Adding flax seed oil to your diet can help minimize wrinkles. It is recommended to take one teaspoon of the oil four times per day. If this is your first time trying out flax oil, start out with a smaller dose and then gradually work yourself up to a higher amount. Too much too soon can cause diarrhea.
Eating green leafy vegetables every day, provides the body with vitamins A and E, as well as other nutrients that contribute to healthy skin. Aim for selections, such as spinach and broccoli.
Lots of Water:
When you drink at least eight glasses of water per day, you can enhance the health of your skin and help fight signs of fine lines.
To minimize the appearance of fine lines, add four tablespoons of blueberries and ½ cup of lemon juice to a blender, and combine well. Apply the mixture to fine lines using a cotton ball. Let the remedy sit on the skin for 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. The blueberries offer the skin polyphenols, which are beneficial antioxidants that encourage healthy skin.
Wearing sunscreen with a high SPF will protect your skin from further sun damage that can worsen the look of fine lines.
There are acids and other ingredients in the juices of apples, cucumbers and lemons that can treat fine lines on the face.
Apply pureed coconut to fine lines to see wrinkles fade. You can also use pure coconut oil as a treatment for your face.
There are all sorts of enzymes and other components associated with the pineapple that is good for the skin. You can rub the cored of the pineapple on your wrinkles – allowing the juice to saturate into your skin for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off to reveal glowing skin and over time, should show reduced visibility of fine lines.
Turmeric and Sugarcane:
A paste made out of two to three teaspoons of turmeric powder and one to two tablespoons of sugarcane juice can be used to treat fine lines and wrinkles. Let the remedy sit for five minutes before massaging it into the skin. Allow it to dry, and then wash it off.
Cold Sores are also known as Fever Blisters. They are quite common and take quite a few days up to a couple of weeks to heal themselves. A virus called herpes simplex virus (type 1) is responsible for causing Cold Sores.
When the latent and dormant herpes simplex virus particles become activated again, they cause this particular skin trouble. When the immune system fails to suppress this virus, it results in their outbreak and subsequent occurrence of Cold Sores. These sores are painful and ugly and generally occur around the area of the mouth.
The most commonly affected areas include the lips, nostrils, chin and cheeks. When they occur on the fingers, they are referred to as Herpes Whitlow. Cold Sores are contagious in nature. More often than not, they can not be prevented completely but the natural home remedies for Cold Sores have been found successful in facilitating the healing process and reducing the frequency of their occurrence to a great extent.
Causes and Symptoms of Cold Sores
As mentioned above, it is due to the failure of the immune system to keep away the herpes simplex virus that causes the outbreak of the virus thereby causing Cold Sores. Some such conditions that adversely affect the immune system include colds, flu, stress, skin irritation, fatigue, sunburn, temperature extremes, fever, local skin injury, steroidal medicines, alcoholism and other such factors.
Being a contagious medical condition, sharing eating utensils, towels and razors may spread this infection. Pregnant women are at a higher risk of developing Cold Sores.
A couple of days prior to the appearance of a Cold Sore, the infected area becomes red, slightly raised and feels itchy or stingy. It paves way for painful, fluid filled blisters after that. These blister often burst and the liquid comes out and finally a yellowish crust is formed on the sore indicating the ongoing healing process. It is observed that in most of the cases, Cold Sores tend to recur on the same paces. When the sores appear inside the mouth, they are called Canker Sores.
- Lemon balm extract and witch hazel with their therapeutic properties are excellent natural home remedies for Cold Sores.
- Applying alcohol or apple cider vinegar on the Cold Sores helps to cure them by drying the affected area.
- Applying nail polish remover on the affected area is a weird yet effective home remedy to cure this problem.
- Aloe Vera juice, Eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil serve as efficient natural home remedies for Cold Sores.
- Applying the juice of fresh green papaya is a highly effective natural remedy in this regard.
- Applying Echinacea on the Cold Sores is yet another simple natural home remedy for such sores. It boosts the immune system and prevents further recurrence as well.
- Putting a little bit of salt on the affected area and holding it as it is for a couple of minutes is a tried and tested remdy used in the treatment of Cold Sores.
- Using olive leaf extract can act as a natural cure in the home treatment of Cold sores and other viral infections.
- Rubbing ice cubes on the affected area is one of the easiest possible home remedies for Cold Sores’ treatment.
- Applying a warm tea bag on the affected area for about half an hour is beneficial in the treatment of Cold Sores.
- Take a cup of boiling water and add 2 or 3 sage leaves and a small piece of ginger or ginger powder to it and bring to boil. Drinking two to three cups of this tea on a daily basis is a common natural home remedy for proving relief from this problem.
- Applying juice extracted from crushed garlic cloves is one of the most valuable natural home remedies for Cold Sores.
Diet for Cold Sores
The diet for Cold Sores should consist of those vitamins and minerals that strengthen the immune system and help in faster recovery of the skin. Vitamin B and especially vitamin B complex is the most important vitamin in this regard. Lentils, potatoes, beans, bananas, eggs, shellfish, mushroom, brewer’s yeast, watermelon, milk and milk products are rich in B vitamins. The best way to boost the immune system is to include a variety of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in the regular diet. Yogurt has also been found beneficial in this regard.
Restrict the consumption of tea, coffee, chocolates and sugar as these items tend to worsen the situation. Peanuts, almonds, grains and seeds are rich in arginine which competes with the absorption of lysine which helps cure Cold Sores. So, taking lesser arginine rich foods will not interfere with the adequate absorption of lysine thereby assisting in the healing process.
Blemishes are unsightly, discolored spots, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads, left behind on your skin after an acne breakout. They tend to develop mostly on areas of your face (especially around your forehead, nose, and chin), as well as on your neck, upper arms, and back.
Blemishes can be caused by a number of factors, including the regular use of cosmetic products such as moisturizers, foundations night creams, etc. Many of these products contain irritating ingredients that can clog your pores and contribute to the development of blemishes. To avoid this problem, you can opt for non-comedogenic (will not clog your pores) cosmetics.
Other factors, such as hormonal changes, improper diet, internal health problems, alcohol consumption, stress, allergic reactions, overexposure to environmental irritants, excessive sun exposure, lack of a proper skincare routine, and a genetic predisposition can all lead to blemishes.
How to Get Rid of Blemishes on Skin
Here are 11 remedies to banish skin blemishes.
- Apply a small amount of pure honey (preferably manuka honey) on your blemishes.
- Leave on until it dries.
- Wash off with clean water.
- It works as a natural antibacterial cleanser for your skin.
Lemon, Pineapple and Honey
- Mix equal parts of lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- Add a little honey to the mixture.
- Dab this mixture on the affected area.
- It will brighten your skin and fade blemishes. You may combine lemon juice with tomato juice/pulp as well. Potato juice also contains excellent bleaching properties.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Soak a cotton ball in this solution.
- Dab the soaked cotton ball on your blemishes.
- This will promote clear skin.
Alternatively, you can rinse your face with a solution of one part apple cider vinegar and eight parts of water.
- Take three strawberries and mash them with a fork.
- Mix in a little vinegar, just enough to form a paste.
- Spread the mixture on the affected area and leave overnight.
- Rinse it off in the morning.
- Rose Water and Sandalwood Powder
- Add equal amounts of lemon juice and rose water to sandalwood powder until it forms a paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin.
- Leave on for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with clean water.
- Do this regularly to promote a clear complexion.
- Spread plain yogurt on your skin.
- Leave it there for at least five to ten minutes.
- Wash off with clean water.
- Repeat this about once a week.
- Alternately, you can apply a mixture of yogurt and dried orange peels for 15 minutes, three times daily.
- Gently rub the inside of a banana peel on your skin for about 10 minutes (until the peel turns brown).
- Let it dry completely.
- Wash it off with clean water.
- Follow this procedure three times a day.
Almonds and Honey
- Grind up 8-10 blanched almonds.
- Mix with one and a half teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
- Leave this mask on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with clean water.
- This will help to heal dark spots and blemishes.
Almonds and Orange Peel
- Blend dried orange peel and blanched almonds together until they form a paste.
- Scrub this paste on your skin for 30 seconds.
- Wash off with clean water.
- Apply calamine lotion to your blemishes.
- Leave on overnight.
- Wash off with clean water in the morning.
- Wrap an ice cube in a clean wash cloth or paper towel.
- Place this on the affected area.
- Hold it there for about one minute.
- This will reduce the inflammation.
Applying benzoyl peroxide (up to 2.5%) is highly beneficial in treating acne and drying up blemishes. You may also use products containing salicylic acid (0.5 to 2%) as it reduces abnormal shedding of cells, unclogs pores, and breaks down blackheads and whiteheads. It also contains antibacterial properties. Be careful while using these remedies as they can cause drying of skin and mild skin irritation. It is best to discuss these options with your doctor to find out the correct strength required for your condition.