Home remedies To Cure Morning Sickness
Nausea and vomiting that happens during pregnancy is termed as morning sickness. It is very common and almost 90% of expecting mothers experience this phase. It is a natural process and not a serious illness. It occurs during the initial weeks of pregnancy. In most cases it happens in the morning hence it is named as morning sickness; however a pregnant lady could feel nausea during the day time as well.
Causes of Morning Sickness
Causes of Morning Sickness
- Strong smell
- Hormonal imbalance
- Deficiency of Vitamin B
- Chemical changes in the body
- Weak digestive system
Home remedies to cure morning sickness;
- Make sure you have small and frequent meals in a day. Don’t over eat and eat food that is light on your stomach. But see to it that you don’t leave your stomach empty as this will lead to acidity.
- You can do some meditation and yoga as well to cure your sickness.
- Mix one teaspoon of mint juice, lemon juice and one tablespoon of sugar. Have this at leastthrice a day. This is an easy and quick cure to morning sickness.
- To reduce the nausea feeling have a cup of ginger tea. Ginger is highly beneficial and helps in the digestion process as well.
- Use lavender oil and peppermint oil in form of a room fresher. Take about one drop of peppermint oil and three drops of lavender oil and use this to spray it around your house or room. This will help during morning sickness.
- Before retiring to bed mix one teaspoon of honey and apple cider vinegar in a glass of cold water. Drinking this will be very effective.
- Eat well and sleep well to prevent vomiting. Have a high power packed protein dinner and make sure you include calcium as well in your daily diet. A sound sleep for about 8 hours is also essential.
- Make sure you breathe in fresh air daily. Ventilate your house well so that you feel less nausea.
- If you keep vomiting due to strong smell around you, make sure you avoid them. Don’t cook if the fragrance of the spices develops a vomiting sensation.
- A useful home remedy is to melt wheat germ in warm milk and have about 2-3 teaspoons every 1-2 hours. This will make you feel better.
- One of the effective home remedy is to mix one teaspoon of honey, mint juice and lemon juice and add about half teaspoon of ginger juice. Have this at least thrice a day to give you some relief from morning sickness.
- Avoid too much of oily and spicy food.
- Drink more fluids. Have plenty of water at least 10 glasses. Drink fresh fruit juices or have milk shakes. Fluids help in flushing out the extra toxins from the body. This is a simples and useful home remedy.
- It is advised to have a diet that contains good amount of carbohydrates.
- A quick home remedy is to take out the juice of about 15-20 curry leaves. Now add one teaspoon of honey and two teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix all the three juices well and drink this at least thrice a day.
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from severe vomiting and feel nausea very often during the day.