Home Remedies To Cure Common Cold
Common cold as suggests is one of the most common disease. Soreness in the nose or upper respiratory zone due to various viral infections is common cold. Common cold usually happens to school going kids or anybody whose immunity level is very low.
Why does it happen?
- Exposure to cold
- Exposure to any sick people
- Exposure to anti virus, Rhinoviruses is the most common virus.
- Virus that causes mild infections in Respiratory syncytial and Para influenza.
- Headache, sore throat and running nose are all symptoms of cold.
Home remedies to cure common cold
- Boil one glass of water and add 10-12 tulsi/basil leaves, drink this to get some relief from cold.
- Have ginger in any form. Boil water and add chopped ginger pieces and ½ teaspoon of sugar in it; strain and drink it hot. Add ginger in your tea to cure cold.
- In warm milk add little turmeric (haldi) powder and have it before going to bed and early morning. This is a very quick and effective Remedy to cure cold.
- Take steam daily. Inhaling steam will give an instant relief to your nasal areas. Steam will also reduce headaches caused due to cold. You can also add Vicks or eucalyptus oil while taking steam. Electric steam machines are easily available at any chemist.
- Easy home remedy to cure cold is to inhale ajwain. Crush ajwain and wrap it in a piece of cloth, keep inhaling it all through the day.
- Add salt in warm water and gargle several times in a day for effective results. Gargling will not only kill bacteria’s but will also give some relief to your throat.
- Lemon juice mixed with honey is also a remedy for cold. Have this twice a day.
- Garlic has a lot of medical properties in it. Have garlic soup or vegetable soup with lots of garlic in it. Garlic will reduce the congestion in your nasal area and will help you in breathing. Garlic also gives you immunity and prevents further infections.
- Mix onion juice and few drops of garlic oil in it. Mix this in water and have it. This will be very helpful.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C. Vitamin C increases the immunity level. Have lemon juice at least once a day.
- Add a pinch of roasted asafetida (hing) in warm milk and drink this milk slowly-slowly. This is quick home remedy.
- If you suffer from cold often, include yoga in your workouts or do yoga daily. Yoga will help in proper breathing and will be helpful in clearing up the choked nasal. Few aasans that you can do are dhanurasana, bhujangasana and shalabhansana.
- Mix about ½ teaspoon of honey in cinnamon oil and have it for immediate relief.
- Having any hot/warm drink like coffee, tea or soups will soothe the throat.
- Boil chopped lady’s finger in water. Inhaling this water will also be effective and will give you relief from cold.
- Having a warm water bath is advised as this gives a sense of relaxation and also gives relief from nasal and chest congestion.