Yoga Poses for Knee Pain
Knee pain could be caused because of about 50 different reasons like strains, inflammation of the joints and deformities.There are many yoga asanas that can cure knee pain when followed regularly.Here are 7 yoga poses listed out for you which are quite easy to follow and can get rid of knee pain.
Yoga postures for knee pain
Veerasana (warrior pose)
Steps for veerasana
- Stand straight and bring your left leg forward and your right leg back ward such that they are as far away from each other as possible.
- Bend you left knee such that the calf muscles and the thigh muscles make an angle of 90 degrees with each other.
- Now place your palms on the left knee by joining them together and exhale.
- While inhaling, raise your joined hands above your head and bend as far back as you can such that your neck falls back.
- Stay in this position for a while, breathing normally.
- Repeat the same procedure with the right leg forward.
Makarasana (crocodile pose)
Steps for Makarasana
- Lie flat on the floor on your belly.
- Hold your left shoulder with the right hand and right shoulder with the left hand by bringing them under your body.
- Move your legs away from each other and back together slowly while breathing.
- Repeat this while breathing normally.
Shavasana (The corpse pose)
Steps for Shavasana
- Lie on the floor on your back. Keep your arms by your side with the palms facing the roof.
- Keep your body straight and lay still while breathing slowly.
- Stay in this position for about 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes, you can come back to your normal sitting position.
Trikonasana (The triangle pose)
Steps for Trikonasana
- Stand straight and spread your legs.
- Slowly bend towards one side and touch the ground next to the heel on the same side while raising the other hand into the air.
- Stay in this position for few seconds.
- Come back to the normal position and repeat this on the other side
Gomukhasana (cow-face pose)
Steps for Gomukhasana
- Sit on the floor with your legs crossed.
- Now, slowly slide your right foot under the left knee to the outside of the left hip. Cross your left leg over the right one so that the left knee should be on the top of the right leg. This should result in your left foot to be outside the right hip.
- Now, slowly inhale, raise your left arm and bring it over your shoulder. Wrap the right arm behind your back and try to holdthe right hand with your left hand from the back.
- Remain in this position for about 8-10 breaths.
- Release your hands and slowly come back to the original position.
- Now, repeat the same exercise interchanging your hands.
Leg raises (Uttanapadasana)
Steps for Uttanapadasana
- Lie down with your back on the floor. Keep your arms by your side and be straight.
- Now raise your right leg such that it makes an angle of 30 degrees with the ground while inhaling, and then lower it slowly while you exhale.
- Repeat the same thing, this time bringing your leg up such that it makes an angle of 90 degrees with the ground.
- Repeat the exercise with your left leg.
Artha Matsyendrasana (Half lord of the fishes pose)
Steps for Artha Matsyendrasana
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs spread out.
- Fold your left leg such that the sole touches the ground and the knee faces the sky.
- Cross the right leg on the floor and come to a position where the left sole is placed on the right side of the right knee.
- Twist your body towards the right by placing your left hand on your left ankle and the right hand stretched as far back as it can be stretched.
- Repeat this exercise in the opposite direction.