How to Get Rid of Wrinkles
Wrinkles and fine lines are bound to appear eventually. It’s the natural progression of things. As we age, the skin loses its elasticity as the body produces less collagen, a protein that helps the skin remain malleable.
Plus, wrinkles become deeper when accompanied by sagging skin as the layer of fat beneath the skin starts thinning. Furthermore, as you age, the sebaceous glands produce less oil, thereby leading to dryness and wrinkling.
Excessive exposure to the sun is another significant factor that promotes wrinkle formation. Premature wrinkling also can occur due to chronic stress, smoking, pollution, poor diet, and lack of sleep.
How to Get Rid of Wrinkles
Here are 10 remedies that can prove beneficial in getting rid of wrinkles on skin.
Homemade Oatmeal Anti-Wrinkle Face Mask
- Cook two tablespoons of oatmeal in one-half cup of full-fat milk.
- Stir in two tablespoons of olive oil and let it sit for 15 minutes
- Rub it all over your face and neck and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply a thin layer of pure aloe vera gel on your skin.
- It improve skin elasticity and eliminates wrinkles.To enhance the effect, mix the contents of a vitamin E capsule in it. In addition, you can drink aloe juice or take aloe vera dietary supplements.
- Mix a few drops of glycerin in fresh tomato juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply it to your skin.
- Add one part of cooked oatmeal to two parts of mashed papaya.
- Put the mixture on your face and neck and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Wipe it off using a clean, wet cloth and wash your face.
- Mix one teaspoon each of plain yogurt and honey, and one-half teaspoon of orange juice.
- Apply this mixture to your face and neck, and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Mash four to five strawberries and add sufficient rose water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to your skin and leave it for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Beat two egg whites to a frothy consistency.
- Use your fingers to massage the foam onto your face, especially the under-eye area, and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Perform facial exercises on a regular basis to tone your facial muscles and reduce wrinkles, crow’s feet, laugh lines, and more.
- You can try facial yoga poses such as the Lion Pose, the Tiger Pose, the Trumpet Place, Fish Face, Baby Bird, and so on.
- Massage your face with almond oil, castor oil or coconut oil to enhance the effect of the exercises and help prevent drooping of the skin.
- Follow product instructions.
- Opt for over-the-counter anti-wrinkle creams containing ingredients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, Tretinoin, copper peptides and alpha lipoic acid.
- Laser resurfacing, dermal filling, microdermabrasion, Botox, and Thermage are some popular cosmetic treatments for wrinkles and various other skin problems like age spots, pigmentation, and others.
- Take an oral grapeseed extract (whether liquid or a pill supplement) on a regular basis. It contains proanthocyanidin, a component that facilitates anti-elastase activity. Thus, it reduces the breakdown of elastin that is crucial for maintaining youthful skin.
- Take good care of your skin by following a proper skin care routine, especially after age 30 when the skin starts aging. In addition, you may consider taking an anti-oxidant supplement to fight effects of aging. Research shows that skin can start aging at an even younger age if it is not taken care of well.