Top 10 Tips for Initiating Healthy Pregnancy
Preparing the body well in advance before conceiving will help greatly in having a healthy pregnancy. Even partner's health is important for conception to occur as healthy sperms are required for getting pregnant. Given here are some tips for initiating a healthy pregnancy. A healthy pregnancy will lead to a healthy childbirth.
Is there any merit to waiting before trying to conceive
Allow time - say about three to six months to get into shape, start good habits and get rid of any bad ones. Your partner's health in the couple of months before you conceive is particularly important because it takes 70 days for sperm to develop.
Top 10 tips for initiating a healthy pregnancy
- Check with your doctor that all medications you are taking are safe during pregnancy
- Discuss any family illnesses, especially diabetes, hypertension and TB with your doctor
- Take a test for German Measles (Rubella)
- Try to stop smoking (both you and your partner)
- Eat a variety of foods with as much fresh food as possible
- Start taking folic acid supplements
- Limit your alcohol intake
- Avoid mould ripened soft cheeses, liver products, and lightly cooked eggs
- Start exercising so that you tone your muscles.
- If you are going to have an X-ray, even a dental X-ray, mention to your doctor that you may be pregnant.