It is the responsibility of every married adult to coordinate growth and development of new product (Child ) from inception to maturity. He/she should be willing to take responsibility for health, safety, education, emotional well being and social development of their children for a minimum period of 18 year with fervid commitment being alert 24/7, if not take your time to be alone without being married.
In spite of this mammoth task ahead of them, every year knowingly or unknowingly millions of adults begin this task that is long, difficult, sometimes gruelling but always rewarding. They become parents.Several studies, again and again reinforce the fact that no one is born knowing how to be a good parent. Its something we all have to learn. In the present scenario, several institutions and individuals are working to give parents the information they need and want to make parenting more enjoyable and more effective.
To help achieve that goal of being a positive parent the following Top10 Parenting tips will be of great help.
- Appreciate the value of play as it is a childs work. Play is critical to all aspects of a childs development, but is often overlooked as a valuable tool. Play can prevent discipline problems, offers a natural way for children to learn, and is essential in the formation of a positive relationship between parent and child.
- Talk and listen to your child. Its important to give 100% when communicating with your child. Give clear and consistent instructions but not too many at once. Remember the importance of non-verbal communication, and be sure to hold a child for comfort or to share smiles and hugs.
- Build your childs brain and body. Provide healthy meals, snacks and model good eating habits. Encourage exercise by being active with your child and limiting time in front of the television or playing video games. Support your childs efforts in school and by visiting the library, museums, zoos and other places of interest provide opportunities to learn and explore.
- Be your childs first source of information. Encouraging your children to ask questions now, makes it easier for them to ask questions when they are older. By answering questions from your child with honesty and openness, you can create a relationship of mutual trust and respect that can prevent your child from developing unsafe habits or taking unnecessary risks.
- Learn how children develop and know your unique child. When it comes to your child, the real expert is you, the parent. Know all areas of your childs development physical, intellectual, social, emotional and moral and remember there is nothing to be ashamed of if your child needs special help to progress at his or her own best rate.
- Cherish your childs individuality. Support your childs interests and talents. Try to spend time alone with each of your children every day. Praise your childrens differences and avoid comparing them or asking why they cant be like someone else.
- Set your household up for success make it work for the whole family. Model and teach good safety habits and establish routines. Discuss and enforce family rules that work for your household for example, putting toys away after play.
- Take care of your own self. If you are tired, ill or just worn out, you cannot be an effective parent. Eat healthy, get enough sleep, take occasional breaks from parenting if possible, and enlist the support of family, friends and neighbors when things seem overwhelming.
- Make time for family activities. A sense of belonging is enhanced when families take time to engage in common activities such as having meals together and sharing tasks and responsibilities. Use family time to discuss need and feelings, to solve problems and promote cooperation.
- Teach your child right from wrong. A childs understanding of right and wrong develops slowly, from within. Actively teach your children a code of moral conduct and lay the groundwork for them to develop their own moral guide
Dear friends if you like these parenting tips kindly share with your friends circles also