Diet Tips For Children Exam Time
During exams, students spend long hours studying and staying awake. Intake of the rightfood in small quantities with brain food will keep them stimulated and alert. During exam a little modification in lifestyle is needed.
Here are some exam time diet tips...
- A high level of phosphorus from processed food and soft drinks will deplete bone density and cause fracture.
- Teach your children to eat slowly and savour each mouthful.
- Try to have small and frequent meals.
- Don't reheat food - it will spoil the nutrients of food and release unpleasant-smelling sulfur compounds and may cause gas.
- Ensure that the child doesn't chew gum. The chewing action causes him to swallow more digestive juices, which will increase his hunger.
- Children should have succulent fruits and vegetables because that will rehydrate the body and provide enrichment of nutrients and will not make them feel sleepy after the meal. A fruit plate with water melon, musk melon, strawberries, oranges, and sweetlime works well and for a salad plate opt for green cucumber, and zuuchini and salad leaves.
- Almonds, walnut, pumpkin seeds, cucumber and watermelon will help in improving memory and concentration. Nuts are full of DHA, which is needed in high levels in the brain and eye for learning and memory.
- Starchy vegetables makes you lethargic and sleepy, so avoid potato, suran, arbi etc.
- Try to consume light vegetables like bottle gourd or doodhi, Gelki, carrots, methi etc. l
- Chilled raita with fresh fruit or vegetable is great.
- Instead of samosas, burgers, and namkeen farsan, opt for almonds, cashewnuts, pista, pumpkin seeds sukha bhel and chana.
- Instead of aerated drinks try healthy fresh fruit milkshakes, lassie.
- Try to combine large-chopped fresh salad (fine chopping loses nutrients) and healthy drink or fresh juices.
- Avoid fried and refined foods (bread, maida products) which make you more sleepy and lethargic. l Iodine is very important. Have iodized salt.
- Avoid too much of tea and coffee as they will cause acidity and heart burn.
- Hydrate your body. Drink lots of water, fresh seasonal fruit juices
- Before exams good and sound sleep is very important.
- Keep yourself happy. Listen to relaxing music during study breaks.
- Avoid Burgers, Pizza, Hot Dogs, Aerated drinks, Sandwich, Red meat, and Deep fried food during the exam period
Dear friends if you like this kindly take a moment to share with your friends circles also.